Council 5535 celebrated our 50th anniversary on April 26th with a Mass at St. Paul’s Catholic Church followed by a Polynesian style dinner. We were entertained by Prince Pele’s Polynesian Review.
When all was said and done we had 180 Brother Knights, wives, and guests in attendance.
The 50th Anniversary Committee would like to thank the follow people without whom this celebration would not have been such a success:
- Worthy Financial Secretary Brother Ed Maxted for assisting with the monetary issues, offering advice and helping with decorations.
- Virginia Maxted for preparing the center pieces for the tables and coordinating and planning the decorations.
- Trustee Brother Gordon Scott (PGK) for assisting with check presentations, comments and for his work preparing the history of Council 5535.
- We would further like to thank Terry Buczkowski for singing the national anthem.
- Finally we wish to thank Father William Kelly for offering the invocation and grace.
We were honored and wish to thank Master James Schoenfeld, Master of the Florida District of Desoto Province and Donnie Goolsby, Secretary Florida State Council of the Knights for attending and addressing the group.
As the current Grand Knight I would like to thank the 50th Anniversary Committee for all of their hard work and dedication to this event and to our council. I would also like to thank Br. Pat McLaughlin for filling in for me while I was away.
If we missed anyone or there is anyone else you would like to thank, or if you just want to leave a shout out please leave a comment below.Photographer Mike Monlezun was on hand to make sure plenty of pictures were taken to document the occasion. If you were in attendance and had photos taken or would like to see some pictures of the event please go to the link below. http://www.monlezunphotography.fototime.com/